Thursday, August 6, 2009

I HATE my MITSUBISHI DLP

Seriously - i try not to rant so much. But really. I HATE my DLP. Its by Mitsubishi. It is the most worthless POS we've ever wasted so much money on. And when i say POS I don't mean "Stuff". I mean that bad word i get in trouble with my kids if it slips out. I wish there were a worse word to describe it, because I would use it.

We haven't had it that long, the lamp ( around 200 a pop) has burned out TWICE. The last time we replaced it was LESS THAN A MONTH AGO. Now the TV has the green blinking light of death. We get sound, but we get no picture. Do a google search and you will find this is a known problem with NO KNOWN CURE. The only solution i saw online that i liked involved a driveway and a car running the TV over.

Seriously DON'T EVER BUY A DLP. Don't even let someone GIVE YOU ONE. And run twice as fast if it is a MITSUBISHI.

Ok, NOW i will try not to rant so much. :) But its Shark week , for goodness sake, and sound only just doesn't cut it! I HATE YOU MITSUBISHI!!! (opps, sorry)

4 comments:

Kari said...

NOOOO! Not tv problems! Say it ain't so!

We were pretty sure we wanted a DLP when our last tv went up in a puff of smoke, but I found just enough bad reviews that we went with a Sony LCD instead.

It's been great (*knocks wood*) so far, so if you decide to replace it, there's one positive review for you. :)

LogoGirl said...

I thought "lets support local Texas Instruments" - ha! No good deed goes unpunished.

What i would LOVE is one of those new LED ones, but not quite in the budget. (neither is an LCD at this point) Back to tiny TV for a while.

Kari said...

Budget? Are still going all Dave Ramsey on me? ;)

Valerie said...

I wasn't too sure what a Mitsubishi DLP was, so I googled it and found out that it's a brand of TV. (Which explains why you called it a TV in your posting, which I somehow missed when I first read it.)