Friday, March 28, 2008

Movie Meme

Others have done a movie meme so i decided to give it a try. If for no other reason than to try to remember what films i have enjoyed over the years. Defining 10 favorites would be too hard for me. I'd feel bad for the movies i forgot.

Here's the rules of the movie quote meme.

1. Pick 10 of your favorite movies.
2. Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie.
3. Post them on your blog for everyone to guess.
4. Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.
5. Looking them up is cheating, please don’t.



1)
L: I have to go. They trust me.
E: Why should they, when you deceived everyone, including yourself?


2)
W: You fool. No man can kill me. Die now.
E: I am no man.
- LOTR #3 - The Return of the King - Mary P got this one

3)
Walking around like regular people. They don't see each other. They only see what they want to see. They don't know they're dead. - The Sixth Sense - Lori got this one


4)
I just found out, that a girl got killed here last week, and you knew it! You knew there was a shark out there! You knew it was dangerous! But you let people go swimming anyway? You knew all those things! But still my boy is dead now. And there's nothing you can do about it. My boy is dead. I wanted you to know that.


5)
I tried to think of the most harmless thing. Something I loved from my childhood. Something that could never ever possibly destroy us. Mr. Stay Puft! - Ghostbusters - Mary P got this one


6)
E: You must change or you will catch a cold.
M: What care I for colds when there is such a man.
E: You will care very much when your nose swells up.
M: You are right. Help me


7)
Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

8)
You Americans, you're all the same. Always overdressing for the wrong occasions.


9)
Careful, Jane. I can push the button any time I like.
Jane: Baby, you couldn't find the button with both hands and a map.

10)
Mom: Where are you going with those fireworks?
B: Well, the Protector got super-accelerated coming out of the black hole, and it, like, nailed the atmosphere at Mach 15, which, you guys know, is pretty unstable, obviously, so we're gonna help Laredo guide it on the vox ultra-frequency carrier and use Roman candles for visual confirmation.
Mom: Uh, all right, dinner's at seven.
[B exits. Mom turns to a dubious Dad]
Mom: Well, he's outside.
- Galaxy Quest - Mary P got this right

5 comments:

Mary in Boston said...

Oooh, ooh!!! I know!!!! *waves hand wildly*

#2 is from Lord of the Rings, Part 3, and #10 is from Galaxy Quest. (I love that movie.) #5 is Ghostbusters!

I think I know some of the others but I'll let other people have a chance to guess.

Anonymous said...

Oh, a quiz for Sunday night! The only "new" I can offer is that #7 is from Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Lori said...

Is #3 from The Sixth Sense?

LogoGirl said...

Hmm, you are all right! if Anonymous will give me a name, i will give them proper credit. :)

I will leave the rest, it isn't like I am in a hurry.
:)

Anonymous said...

What, you don't like they mystery?? ;)