Friday, April 4, 2008

Some things worked , some things didn't

Well, the crochet lesson went about how I thought it would. Both girls were frustrated and in tears within minutes. *sigh* They did finally get a decent chain going, but K1 refuses to pull the hook, and moves the thread over the end instead. Ok for a chain, not ok when taking the next step. I figure if she works with it a little while longer she might get a better feel on it by herself.

Basketball was a huge hit and K2 did great. She was SO SO SO SO SO excited. Beyond excited. And she's pretty good, if i do say so myself (and I do)




This morning K1 and I created the Budget Brunette Version of Marie Antoinette in a summer frock. K1 was happy, and that was the most important part - oh, that and I didn't have to dish out a couple hundred for a vintage costume. I mean, come on - its just third grade and only worth 10 points. Heh. ( i was secretly hoping for Sally Ride, as we have a NASA shirt, but no such luck)

No comments: