Tuesday, May 27, 2008

In the interest of trying new things

I've been looking for a few new things to do for dinner. So, in the past few weeks i've tried a few internet finds (where i find 95% of my recipes)

For Mother's day - i tried out this spinach quiche - it was yummy
Spinach Quiche

Last week - I experimented with a black bean/beef burrito for a quick dinner. The kids both ate 1 and My H also ate it - so I'll label it a success (the girls griped a bit, but they gripe about pretty much anything that isn't pizza)
Black Bean and Beef Burritos


Last night I tried The Pioneer Womans "best lasagna EVER" - and I have to admit - it had wonderful flavor. K2 ate so much she was ill - so that was also a success.
Best Lasagna Ever
Its more meaty than my usual lasagna - so now I'm torn on which to do, it i were to do one.... My usual is quicker so that might be the deciding factor:
Barilla Lasagna

I also bought everything to do a homemade hummus - can you believe it, I found tahini at WALMART? I hope to do that this afternoon for a snack.
Hummus

Edit:
I finally did the hummus. The first day - didn't like the taste - something missing. Decided to let it "merge" in the fridge. Two days later, it tasted like i expected. Or perhaps i was starving? anyhow - let it sit over night.

2 comments:

Mary in Boston said...

When can I come to dinner?

The quiche sounds really good, I'll have to try that.

LogoGirl said...

whenever you are in town, my dear.

The quiche really was very good. All the woman raved (my mom, mil, sil, me) none of the men touched it! TYPICAL