Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A Busy Weekend


Well, our first soccer game was played as bands of Ike passed through. Yes, these soccer people play through hurricanes! Luckily - it moved east of us and we only got rain and very little wind. Newbie soccer mom me didn't realize they played through rain and didn't bring an umbrella. Wow, what was I thinking?!? So, i put all the meltables in the car and got soaked. at least it was a warm rain. K1 played some right wing and left wing. She had a blast.

About 10 minutes before we left i got a call from my SIL that she and my brother were coming into town and wanted to see our house for the first time around 5! *GASP!* So, i tried to clean the house as best as i could (boy, it needed it!) in record time. Actually, i still had a mop in my hand and no shower when they arrived, opps! my brother must have a lead foot. I thought the big city traffic might intimidate him, no such luck.

It was awesome to see them! Now it is our turn to make a quick trip. :)

On a sad note, we lost K1's Guinea Pig, Princess. She had a lot of personality and i will miss her squeaks anytime she heard plastic rattle. Poor little Princess.

1 comment:

Kari said...

Wow - your very first official Soccer Mom event included both a hurricane and last minute visitors. That may get you a nomination for Soccer Mom of the Year! :-)

Awww, I'm sorry to hear about Princess. Poor little thing.