Monday, July 13, 2009

WOW, I've been a busy girl!!



This has been a busy summer! June Started off well. I had my birthday and anniversary all in one week. We went to a rough riders game with the girls on a beautiful evening. It was fun.



After the week of my birthday and anniversary I got sick. No Dr verification, but I'm pretty sure it was the swine flu - as I had every one of the symptoms. It was a mild case, and I got better pretty quickly but I STILL have a cough. Also, my kids got it the next week, and its just been one thing after another.

K1 has been playing indoor soccer. I've really enjoyed it! She has been goalie - and pretty good at it too.


We also had some wicked weather during the soccer game and had to evacuate to a bathroom. It's amazing how many people can fit in one long bathroom. I also love my iphone where I can check the radar on the go. Much geek goodness.



On the 4th we went to an adventure camp where you had to walk EVERYWHERE. I must have walked over 10 miles in 24 hours ( in 100 degree heat). We ended up doing a lot of fishing. It was really fun (and there was shade - glorious shade).






We even caught a catfish


Then last weekend we went to the great wolf lodge - which is an indoor water park hotel resort thing. From there I determined that I totally had a bikini body if I go by what others were wearing. (Which is NOT a good thing!)

The kids were also in love with this "quest thing" where you go on adventures with an overpriced interactive wand over 8 floors of the hotel. (using the freaking stairs) I have never climbed so many flights of stairs in my entire life. Up to floor 8, down to floor 5, back up to 6, down to 1, back up to 4.... you get the idea. (oh, and in flip flops. I mean, who takes tennis shoes to a water park?) Pictures to come. Phillip is hogging them.

I asked Phillip that if we go somewhere next weekend that please, please, please let it not require walking.

No comments: