Thursday, May 21, 2009

Mr Wii Fit Snarky



My hubby got me a Wii fit for Christmas ( yes, I asked for it).

After I got it I read a blurb somewhere claiming the Wii fit was a bit "judgmental" - but i hadn't seen it, and didn't think much about it.

So, I've been using it - or TRYING to use it when the kids aren't around. If they are around, they take it over. I like the step and the boxing, and its pretty fun.

First thing I noticed was Mr Wii Fit asking me if I had seen "Bruce" (k2's mii) around lately because he hadn't been working out.

It then asked me to pick from a list "how Bruce was looking?" I clicked "i don't know" and it said "Maybe i should pay more attention" - um Really?

Then there was the day I'd gained a pound. Mr Wii fit wanted me to pick from a list just why I thought I had gained a pound and reminded me that I'd never hit my goal this way.


Then came the time i missed a few days - oh brother. ( I got this screen shot from another site - clearly I am not alone in being berated)




Last week I got on and I had missed 25 days. 25 days! Oh the Horror! Mr Wii Fit said that was ok, it still recognized me and "it's so nice to see you again, BRUCE".

No, my Mii's name is not Bruce. That's K2's Mii that Mr Wii Fit is so worried about.

That Mr Wii Fit - he's a character. Like i need yet another sarcastic member in my household. NOT. ;)

3 comments:

Kari said...

I'm not sure I like being criticized by a gadget. Any chance a hard reboot might change his attitude? ;)

Valerie said...

Wow. I think I'd like it better if the criticism was an optional setting. :-S

Lori said...

Mr. Wii Fit can be incredibly annoying at times. Maybe they will get rid of some of the more annoying points. I still think it's a great program although I've not used it in month. I can only imagine the accusations I'll get when I start it up again. LOL

I really hate the question as to reason for weight gain. Sometimes I'm doing everything right and I gain (usually pms type thing) but there's no option for that for women.