Wednesday, July 2, 2008

A Turduken - You're kidding right?

Ok, so i have nothing even close to a Gourmet palate, but I've been enjoying this show - the Next Food Network's Star. These people are seriously talented cooks and they are putting them through the wringer. Its brutal!! LOVE IT.

The one I watched last night ( DVR, don't ask me when it really aired) the Bon Appetite people wanted then to make " difficult food accessible" - and the 3 they choose pretty much reminded me why I never buy Bon Appetite. A beef wellington, A Coq Au Vin, and a TURDUCKEN. A what? A Turducken, a chicken stuffed in a duck stuffed in a turkey. OKAY. I've heard of this one. And it was a Frank Calliendo parody of John Madden, and i SERIOUSLY THOUGHT that Frank made up this ridiculous dish. Nope, its real. I'm not sure if I feel bad that i didn't know it was real or not.

Anyhow, I will never, never, never make a turducken. Even if it is 'easy' and that is a pretty loose use of the term

3 comments:

Spork In the Eye said...

My sister has a turducken every thanksgiving (or is it christmas?). They are actually pretty darn tasty. She mail orders hers pre-turduckified.

...and beef wellington is pretty darn good too. I will show my true bubba side by saying I liked the sandwiches we made with the leftovers even more than the dish straight out of the oven.

LogoGirl said...

Did the sandwich have all that other stuff - or did you just like the flavor of the meat?

Spork In the Eye said...

Yep, the sammich had the whole works: hunk of fancy meat wrapped in liver goo and dough all on a sesame seed bun.