Friday, July 25, 2008

Well, i'm might just have to stop cooking

So, I got pulled in Hook, Line and sinker on the Food Network Star challenge.I only started watching because a local girl was on, and I like to support local talent when i can. And she is talented. VERY.

And on it i am struck that most of these cooks don't seem to adlib well (and I'm thinking their established stars - Paula Dean came across BADLY, as did Martha Stewart, as did Rachael Ray...)

And then they go and CHANGE THE RULES at the last minute, so 3 can go to the end and not the 2 that actually won the challenge. They even held the hand of the one that should have lost, and he still did badly, but still he advances. Now, WHY would they do that? Hmm, COULD IT BE, COULD REALITY TV BE RIGGED?? Shut YOUR MOUTH!! NO WAY!!

Then the brainiacs at the food network accidentally update their website with not only the WINNER(3 days early) but the name of the winner's new show!! (BIG DADDY'S HOUSE - are you freaking kidding me????) They fixed it, but you know, its forever on cyber-space now, you can't take it back.

Yeap, its the one they held the hand of, changed the rules for, and babysat to the bitter end. If you wanted him, just pick him and not make a fake contest the wasn't really a contest because the winner was pre-determined, alright? Now i feel had, and hell's going to have to freeze over before i watch his show, and i'm feel very chilly towards food network in general right now.

And lets not even bring up what they did to Mr Dinner:Impossible. I LOVED him. Come on, show me Rachel's resume.

2 comments:

Kari said...

Are you... are you implying that the tv LIES to me?!? Noooooooo!

LogoGirl said...

I know, i feel so .... violated!!!!

Actually, a little foolish that i even cared.