Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Sucked into the Olympic Vortex

I was pretty much apathetic about this years Olympics in China. Because, you know, its in China. The place that follows no laws save their own. That place which has no problem ripping off any brand that comes to their shore for a little cheap labor love.

But here I am a week into it and I'm watching it all the time. And I just can't figure out why.




Nope, no idea. Not a clue......





And if this girl is 16 then I am 29. Whatever. Why have rules if you let the gold metal team break them? It puts everyone else at a disadvantage and is JUST PLAIN WRONG. UGH. Shows what China thinks of rules, doesn't it? So why does Nike cry when they steal the shoe logo? Isn't that just "business as usual the chinese way"?

3 comments:

Kari said...

It's clear to me that you are watching the Olympics for how it represents the determination of the human spirit and mankind's ability to be triumphant even in times of adversity. Oh, and the rock hard abs, of course. ;)

LogoGirl said...

They have rock hard abs? on no, i hadn't noticed......

Spork In the Eye said...

I know this is a week old, but... vindication is yours.

http://yro.slashdot.org/yro/08/08/20/1259253.shtml