Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A Weekend Birthday Party at the American Girl Store



K1 got invited to a birthday party at the American Girl Boutique and Bistro this past weekend. The invitation said "bring your American girl doll" so its a good thing that K1 has a wonderful aunt who got her a doll last Christmas. Thanks Again!
So we arrive with doll in arm (on tax free weekend at the galleria - now you know i was worried about the parking and it was CRAZY) and there didn't appear to be a girl in there that didn't have a doll too.
It reminded me of PetSmart, except for dolls. I had NO IDEA. K1 loved just about everything in there (big surprise) She had a great time at the party and said it felt like it lasted "about 5 minutes" (it felt like 2 hours to me, even though i did get to walk the mall kid-free)
Luckily for me she had a sleepover planned for the evening and didn't want to waste time shopping after the party so we got out of there purchase-free (you know I'm shocked, but delighted) She did get a catalog, and I noticed it made the trip to Grandmother's last night. Smart Girl.

No comments: